Monday, May 12, 2008

Something to do with Maya Road Chipboard Keychains



This pacifier was made by painting the nipple and the handle and paper was cut to fit the middle. The paint on the nipple was Making Memories Apricot with a dot of orange and blue added in. The handle was just white acrylic paint after it dried I applied a couple of layers of Blushing Rose glimmer mist. I then tied three pieces of ribbon to the handle to give it a little extra. I don't remember the name of the paper I put in the middle, sorry. All the paper on the keychain is scrap.



For this safety pin I dug through my scraps. I was pretty sure that I had bought a shiny silver paper ages ago and I thought I had a little bit left and sure enough I found it. (My theory is to keep any paper that is at least 1". You would be surprised at what you can do with it if you just go back through your scraps.) In looking for the silver I found a nice patterned paper that had pinks on it. I traced the shapes and then cut and glued them on. Pretty simple and straight forward there.



This bottle nipple was used with the same paint that was used on the pacifier. The middle was painted white and then I traced it with Stickles crystal. I also gave it up and down stripes to give it the dimension of a real bottle. The bottom of the bottle I painted with Tim Holtz crackle paint worn lipstick.



Sorry that the picture is bad. I couldn't get a good one. The picture of the whole keychain gives a better look at the colors. This teddy bear was fun. I wanted to give it the patchwork or quilted look. You could easily take several papers and paste them on and add black out line and stitch with a pen. Anyway back to what I did. I had some left over quilted paper and traced out the teddy bear. I added half of a prima flower and a jewel to one ear.



Ok it's been a while since I've had the time to sit down and scrap. What's new right? I finally decided if I didn't start work on my friends baby album, the baby would be here and the point of the album would be mute. I want it to be an album the parents can put some of those first day pictures in. I'm going to use the Rusty Pickle Slim Jim album to make it. On the spiral binding I'm adding the above Maya Roads Baby chipboard keychain. I may also add some ribbon but I thought this would be something different. Decorating this keychain was fun and easy.

No comments:

Scrapbooking Recipes

With the holidays coming so fast we need more hours in our day. One way I've found to help is quick and easy meals. Here is one that I love to use when I have a full day.

Lazy Log Cabin Casserole:

1lb stew meat cubed
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 can of Cram of Mushroom
1 packet of Beef Onion Soup (I don't use this. I just add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions but I'm an eye ball cook)
Toss all this in the crock pot together give it a stir put it on low and cook it for 6 - 8 hours. Home cooked meal with just a few moments prep. Put a salad bag with it and your hubby can't be upset that there isn't a home cooked meal on the table.

Do you have a quick recipe? email me hgturner@everythingscrappn.com