Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mini Accordion Album Instruction

Ok I promised I would give you the instructions and finally I have put the info together.

Materials: 3 - 6x6 pieces of patterned paper
1 - 8x8 piece of paper (Pattern or solid will work for this)
Bone folder would be helpful but not a must have
Embellishments of your choice to match you paper choice

Step 1 : Fold your 6 x 6 pieces diagonally. (If you fold it with the same pattern on the outside of each piece when you put them together you will have a staggered pattern in the end)



Step 2 : Now fold your 6x6 in half to make a rectangle.



Step 3 : Now turn your rectangle and fold it in half the other way.



Note : It doesn't matter which side of you paper you do this to. You will be able to fold it the opposite way if you do not like how your papers lay together.

Step 4 : Fold your 8x8 paper the same way that you folded the 6x6 papers. The difference will be when you have it folded you will fold down the front or back corner to make your pocket. Punch holes on the left and right side of the pocket to tie it closed. (You can glue down all the loose paper or tie it with ribbon anything you want)

Note: I did not punch holes yet. you can look at the other one I've posted if you aren't sure where to place the holes.

Step 5 : Get back out the 3 6x6 papers folded like this:



Now you will slide them together. Two will face one direction and one will face the other.


Laid flat to glue they will look like this



Last Step: Fold up your 6x6 pieces and insert them into the cover and your done. (Well you still need to embellish and add photos but your done with my instructions)



Materials I used: Chic
Mod
With these two papers I was able to make it look like I used a lot of different papers.

I thought of something as I was showing this book to my Mom today. There is a journaling block on the paper I used. It could be folded and you could have 4 squares in your mini album. You could probably have more that that if you wanted to cut your cover larger. I want to try to make a 12 x 12 accordion album. It's been mentioned to me twice now.

No comments:

Scrapbooking Recipes

With the holidays coming so fast we need more hours in our day. One way I've found to help is quick and easy meals. Here is one that I love to use when I have a full day.

Lazy Log Cabin Casserole:

1lb stew meat cubed
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 can of Cram of Mushroom
1 packet of Beef Onion Soup (I don't use this. I just add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions but I'm an eye ball cook)
Toss all this in the crock pot together give it a stir put it on low and cook it for 6 - 8 hours. Home cooked meal with just a few moments prep. Put a salad bag with it and your hubby can't be upset that there isn't a home cooked meal on the table.

Do you have a quick recipe? email me hgturner@everythingscrappn.com