Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April 28th Challenge

As most of you know April 22 was Earth Day. In light of that this challenge can easily be a way to recycle some of that junk mail and credit card applications we get in the mail.

This can be as simple as one envelope or as full as all you can bind together. If you choose many you can bind it with a bind it all, brads, rings, ribbon, I could go on and on. You will also see variations in our work and interpretation of the theme. I hope that this inspires you to take this challenge. Maybe you will even choose to take this challenge and change up your entries. I would love to see all interpretations & creativity.


This idea is not mine - oh how I wish it were. During our online crop back in January. Jana found a tutorial and gave us this example. I absolutely adored it. I can see SO MUCH potential with this and it is so simple. You can spend 20 minutes on this or 2 hours it is your choice and I firmly believe that either way you will still have a rock'n mini (or card).

This is the link to the forum challenge.

Envelope Mini with a twist

This is the link to the video tutorial with in the forum.

Video Example 1

This is a video by Jana

Video Example 2

Another suggestion is this is a good way to use up the "extra" in a line where you have everything.

I know your ready for pics, I'll take a break from talking now!

This first one if my interpretation:



I really love the Early Bird line by Cosmo Cricket. You can use this line with so much. I used it on a kitchen layout, I've used it for some vacation shots. This 6 x 6 pad would make working on an album like this super easy. (It is also the give away : ).

I think this is my favorite paper from this line. Apron Strings



On the one side you have the feminine floral & on the other you have a simple geometric pattern. Both sides are also flexible if you have multiple subject. The colors are bright but muted if that can even make sense. I guess I just like the versatility of this paper.

Now to show you the work of the other great ladies.

Our Great Guest Team Member Monique I am in love with this Easter version. I love the yellow and it got a bunny!



Miss Suz Love the take on the pink paislee paper!




And last but not least Teresa Great carry out of the earth theme in the paper.



Now you have seen our work and we want to see yours!

Your entry will need to be linked here in this blog by May 11th. Share this with your scrapp'n friends on National Scrapbooking Day (May 1). You could win a 6 x 6 paper pad of Early Bird. (Winners must have a US mailing address or APO, Winner is drawn at random from qualified entries, No limit to the number of times you enter, winner will be announced in this thread)

8 comments:

Adrienne Pierce said...

ooohhh ahhhhh! off to watch the video!

Suz said...

Great challenge Heather I really had fun making mine & love what each of you did - fantastic work ladies

Brennen said...

I've got mine done and posted in the forum over at TES where Monique is on the DT. Here is the link http://everydayscrapper.activeboard.com/forum.spark?aBID=130411&p=3&topicID=35579866

everythingscrappn.com said...

Awesome BrennenB! Glad you were able to use up some of that 8 x 8. Thanks for entering.

Adrienne Pierce said...

Oh I hope by May 11th includes the 11th?!?! I did maybe 5 that got thrown out before I finally made this one that I was happy with, here it is! http://naptime-equals-scraptime.blogspot.com/2010/05/special-race-envelope-mini-album.html

Adrienne Pierce said...

was mine to late? or just not posted yet?

everythingscrappn.com said...

Sorry that your comments aren't showing up. I'm not getting the notifications like I"m supposed to! GRRR

Well Congratulations to BrennenB - Thank you so much for participating! Please email me your addy to hgturner@everythingscrappn.com by May 16th.

Suz said...

Ladies your mini's were awesome! Congrats BrennenB

Scrapbooking Recipes

With the holidays coming so fast we need more hours in our day. One way I've found to help is quick and easy meals. Here is one that I love to use when I have a full day.

Lazy Log Cabin Casserole:

1lb stew meat cubed
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 can of Cram of Mushroom
1 packet of Beef Onion Soup (I don't use this. I just add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions but I'm an eye ball cook)
Toss all this in the crock pot together give it a stir put it on low and cook it for 6 - 8 hours. Home cooked meal with just a few moments prep. Put a salad bag with it and your hubby can't be upset that there isn't a home cooked meal on the table.

Do you have a quick recipe? email me hgturner@everythingscrappn.com