Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

Hello all:

Wow it has been a wirl wind of activity for me. Thur. we found out that my Husbands Grandmother had to be taken to the hospital the night before and was not doing good at all. She really hadn't been sick so this was a surprise to us. She was on breathing assistance and wasn't responding to sound and very little to touch. Friday afternoon she passed and we had to begin immediate preparation to head up to Penn.

This is a twelve hour trip and on that short notice it was crazy Friday night. I had to go and buy my son a new suit and hem it, my daughter had nothing dark to wear either. We almost had to bring our boxers pups with us. That would have been a chore since the weather in Penn. was due to be bad (cold and rainy). Luckily Endless Love worked them in for me. (If you live in the Middle Georgia area look them up for your pet's next kenneling. They are GREAT!)

So I'm here in Penn. checking up on emails and the store and just wanted to give an update. I had hoped to scrap some of the baby album this weekend but that will have to happen after I return home. I hope that my husband brings home some great pictures so that I can make a tribute album to her. I did this for my Grandmother about a year ago and I love it.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your families loss. My thoughts are with you.

Scrapbooking Recipes

With the holidays coming so fast we need more hours in our day. One way I've found to help is quick and easy meals. Here is one that I love to use when I have a full day.

Lazy Log Cabin Casserole:

1lb stew meat cubed
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 can of Cram of Mushroom
1 packet of Beef Onion Soup (I don't use this. I just add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions but I'm an eye ball cook)
Toss all this in the crock pot together give it a stir put it on low and cook it for 6 - 8 hours. Home cooked meal with just a few moments prep. Put a salad bag with it and your hubby can't be upset that there isn't a home cooked meal on the table.

Do you have a quick recipe? email me hgturner@everythingscrappn.com