Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Baby Album using CuteWorld Girl

I have been working on a baby album for a friend of mine. I'm going to post it in to segments. This is the first half of the album. I used the Slim Jim by Rusty Pickle. I really enjoyed experimenting with this new size as I'm a hard core 12 x 12 girl. It was fun and simple and I was really surprised at how much I was able to get on each page. The person that I'm giveing this to is a scrapbooker but I still included posted notes to let her know what my thoughts were and then she can go from there and make it her own.

This is the cover. I spritzed the cover with glitter mist and used some rub-ons from the Delightful Collection by Little Yellow Bicycle. I had envisioned a picture of the parents and baby on the cover. Oh and the previous Maya Road Chipboard Key Chain is attached instead of tons of ribbon.



Next page I thought would be great for a bunch of those first pics of that beautiful new babies 1st pics. The tab you see to the side is a tab for the second section of the book.



Next is a page for Mom and Dad's pics with their brand new baby. It can either hold two pics on each page or one pic and a note from each parent. I included some stickles to add a little extra.




Now we have taken care of baby, baby and parents, it's time for baby and grandparents. You will notice that my editing skills were a little shaky. The page on the left is straight but the magic wand jumped and framed some of the paper. For the for the word Grandparents I used my quick cutz handle.



That is it for this post. If you have any questions on what I used please let me know. I'm having sinus issues and my brain is not working really well. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Scrapbooking Recipes

With the holidays coming so fast we need more hours in our day. One way I've found to help is quick and easy meals. Here is one that I love to use when I have a full day.

Lazy Log Cabin Casserole:

1lb stew meat cubed
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 can of Cram of Mushroom
1 packet of Beef Onion Soup (I don't use this. I just add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions but I'm an eye ball cook)
Toss all this in the crock pot together give it a stir put it on low and cook it for 6 - 8 hours. Home cooked meal with just a few moments prep. Put a salad bag with it and your hubby can't be upset that there isn't a home cooked meal on the table.

Do you have a quick recipe? email me hgturner@everythingscrappn.com