Thursday, June 5, 2008

Scrapp'n Is The Issue

Tonight I don't have anything new just wanted to share: I find myself sitting here in front of the computer at 9pm wondering when the last time I scrapped anything was. I also find myself thinking about the stacks of stuff that have been placed on top of my scrapping area. It frustrates me that I'm supposed to be an owner of a scrapbooking store and I don't have layouts each day or even each week that I can post to help inspire people to scrap. I do however know that this post will help many men and women out there.

Whether you work outside of the home or in the home life is a full time job and finding time is just hard. Today I really wanted to go and clean up my scrapping area but between shuttling my kids to their friends homes and making sure that the checks were in the bank, gas was in the truck and the dry cleaning got picked up, not to mention that I was keeping two children for someone else and had to work on the website I just ran out of time.

I know there are many of us out there who feel the same. I hope that my little vent helps you to know that you aren't alone out there. We must just try and one day we will get it done. This is a hobby and we should love what we do and do what we love. Don't give up!

Here is a sketch from Rusty Pickle's May Challenge that I thought was really nice.

No comments:

Scrapbooking Recipes

With the holidays coming so fast we need more hours in our day. One way I've found to help is quick and easy meals. Here is one that I love to use when I have a full day.

Lazy Log Cabin Casserole:

1lb stew meat cubed
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 can of Cram of Mushroom
1 packet of Beef Onion Soup (I don't use this. I just add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions but I'm an eye ball cook)
Toss all this in the crock pot together give it a stir put it on low and cook it for 6 - 8 hours. Home cooked meal with just a few moments prep. Put a salad bag with it and your hubby can't be upset that there isn't a home cooked meal on the table.

Do you have a quick recipe? email me hgturner@everythingscrappn.com