Thursday, June 4, 2009

Design Team Member Spotlight

How long have you been scrapping? I've been scrapbooking since before there was "stuff" on the market. I have many albums I made in the 70's with just photos, journaling & memorabilia. So when the paper & stickers started showing up in stores about 22 years ago, around the time my boys were born, I know this was the hobby for me.

Are your married, have kids, pets? I have a wonderful husband of 23 years. We have 2 sons who are in college & still manage to work fulltime. We also have some furry kids: a dog Rosie & 4 cats who are all rescues.

What would you say your scrapping style is? I know everyone says that their style is eclectic but mine really is. I try to let the story/photos define the style of the layout. Color & style can really invoke feelings in the viewer so I try to let them help me set the tone of my page. I do like lots of layers (even on my simple layouts) as pattern paper is quite an addiction with me. Telling the story is very important to me so I usually have a lot of handwritten journaling on each layout. I like to incorporate found objects & non traditional scrapbooking supplies into my layouts for texture & interest.

Do you have a designer that inspires you? There are so many for different reasons.... I like Leah Fung's layouts & how she uses papers. Ali Edwards is also very inspiring & always includes lots of journaling.

Give us some randomness about you…… When I'm not scrapbooking you can find me with dirty hands in the garden. I love being outside & beautiful flowers. My hubby & I ride Harley motorcycles & it's amazing how many women I've met who ride & scrap. My name in the online scrapbook world is "craftysuz" - my mom called me that as a child because I was into so many different crafts & was good at it. I've always been creative but can't draw to save my life so I was always drawn to things like quilting, knitting, jewelry making, and of course scrapbooking.

Please check out Susan's blog, www.craftysuz.blogspot.com, you'll get a lot of inspiration from her crafty creations.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

I wouldn't have pictured Miss Suz on a Harley! Great interview :)

Scrapbooking Recipes

With the holidays coming so fast we need more hours in our day. One way I've found to help is quick and easy meals. Here is one that I love to use when I have a full day.

Lazy Log Cabin Casserole:

1lb stew meat cubed
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 can of Cram of Mushroom
1 packet of Beef Onion Soup (I don't use this. I just add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions but I'm an eye ball cook)
Toss all this in the crock pot together give it a stir put it on low and cook it for 6 - 8 hours. Home cooked meal with just a few moments prep. Put a salad bag with it and your hubby can't be upset that there isn't a home cooked meal on the table.

Do you have a quick recipe? email me hgturner@everythingscrappn.com