Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Blinged Out Sketch Challenge

Today is challenge time over at the Everything Scrapp'n Store Blog.  This month it's a sketch challenge.  We're using this Pagemaps sketch.  




So here are the rules:


Take inspiration from the sketch it doesn't have to be an exact copy of the sketch.  You can take creative liberties any way you feel inclined... the only thing you have to have on the layout is BLING of some sort.  It can be gems, pearls, jewels, etc.  Let's see what you've got in your stash.  If you need to buy some we have perfect products to fit every need in the Everything Scrapp'n store.  Here's a link to that department so you can shop.  

Make a comment with a link your creation on THIS POST by 11:59 EST on Sunday, November 8th, 2009.  Each layout you create & post link to will receive one entry so get busy & get creative.  We can't wait to see what you do with the sketch.


To see what our design team has done with it visit:



Here's the prize - A super cute cardmaking kit - the colors are perfect for fall (that could easily be used for scrapbooking too). 
Contents: Six 6x6 sheets of coordinating Sassafras Lass & Heidi Swapp patterned papers, Two Sassafras Lass 6' scalloped borders, Copper Stickles, and some yummy Prima flowers




 Have you signed up to receive our monthly newsletter?  If not head on over here.  November is packed & you'll want to keep up to date.


Finally did you see the November challenge that Heather posted a couple days ago?   It's a big one with big prizes to go with it.  Check out the details here.  Are you up for it?  I think I am going to give it a shot!



7 comments:

Kristi said...

Love the sketch, may have to use it tonight!

Michelle said...

Looks great ladies!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Printable Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 02 Nov [LA 04:00pm, NY 07:00pm] - 03 Nov [UK 12:00am, OZ 11:00am] ).

TrayChic said...

Hey! Here's my link:
http://traychicscrapbooking.blogspot.com/2009/11/sometimes-goodbye-is-second-chance.html

I was mostly inspired by the dashed square and sideways title, and I liked the title going up the side.

Suz said...

Wow Tracy that is one fantastic page! Great photos & everything just works together to really show them off. Thanks for entering!

Stacey said...

Here's mine :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44302507@N06/4085873301/in/photostream/

everythingscrappn.com said...

Stace - WOW! I love that. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do a large square of bling. Great take.

TrayChic - I think I commented on your blog but if I forgot yours is just a beautiful layout. Love how you combined two challenges.

Scrapbooking Recipes

With the holidays coming so fast we need more hours in our day. One way I've found to help is quick and easy meals. Here is one that I love to use when I have a full day.

Lazy Log Cabin Casserole:

1lb stew meat cubed
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 can of Cram of Mushroom
1 packet of Beef Onion Soup (I don't use this. I just add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions but I'm an eye ball cook)
Toss all this in the crock pot together give it a stir put it on low and cook it for 6 - 8 hours. Home cooked meal with just a few moments prep. Put a salad bag with it and your hubby can't be upset that there isn't a home cooked meal on the table.

Do you have a quick recipe? email me hgturner@everythingscrappn.com