Wednesday, January 27, 2010

February Challenge... Show the Love

Wasn't the online crop a blast?  So many prizes & winners.  I hope you aren't scrapped out & are ready for a challenge?

In honor of Valentine's Day right around the corner I thought it would be a great time to do a layout about a loved one.  So I titled the challenge "Show the Love".  It could focus on your relationship to them or their relationship with another.  As you can see from my example I took it a bit out of the box... about the relationship of 2 of our dogs! (you'll see more close-up details on my blog)




Supplies:  Cardstock (Bazzill); Paper (Nikki Sivils - Cherries on Top, Nikki Sivils - Cherry Strips for You, Nikki Sivils - Sweet Cherry, Nikki Sivils - Cherry Blast, & Nikki Sivils - Cherry Tree); Letters (American Crafts - Thickers Jewery Box & Pink Paislee - Cardstock Alpha Stickers); Ribbon (American Crafts - Backyard Stem 1); Brads (The Paper Studio); Punch (Martha Stewart - Butterfly); Bling (Hero Arts); Die Cut Edge (Doodlebug - Frills); Circle Cutter (Creative Memories); Buttons (Misc Stash); Thread (Coats & Clarks)

The rest of the design team has some inspiration for you so hop along to their blogs.  We're all using Nikki Sivils papers from the Everything Scrapp'n Store.  Make sure you visit each of them & leave them some "love".

Michelle

Jana

Teresa

Tracy

Suz

The prize is a $20 gift certificate to the store.  Enter your layout by loading your creation in the gallery of our online forum & then link it back to this blog post by 11:59 PM eastern time on Sunday, February 7th, 2010.  Heather will draw a winner by random number generator of all the entries.  We can't wait to see your creations.

10 comments:

Krystle said...

Great Challenge! Here's my layout:

http://api.ning.com/files/kKajQQuPi7iwOiNAzLT-RfnwccXimN3tR8WvNv*5MDCmMFBtHnExaGcIvVCdYvinOYSZJG5aTg3WkzsIeqdWBJgPWXMAHvyx/IMG_3169.JPG

Suz said...

Awesome work Krystle! I love the color combo & the different frames around the photos really make them pop & adds interest. Good luck!

Viji Siddharth said...

Wow!! Awesome Layout! I love those cherries in the corner! The color stands out!

Viji Siddharth said...

http://everythingscrappn.ning.com/photo/showthelove-1?context=user

This is my entry!

Suz said...

What a great layout - the soft colors really make the photos pop. Love all the diecuts scattered around the pages. Thanks for entering Vijii - good luck winning yet another ES prize lol.

Viji Siddharth said...

Here is my second entry!! I hope it is ok to have 2!!
http://everythingscrappn.ning.com/photo/img8036-1?context=album&albumId=4514245%3AAlbum%3A2138

teresamatz said...

wow, you ladies are doing an awesome job!

Viji Siddharth said...

Thanks teresa!Can't wait to hear who wins!

Suz said...

Both of your entries are great Vijii. Sure you can enter 2

everythingscrappn.com said...

Congratulations Viji! You are the winner of the February Challenge!
Thank you Krystle for playing.

Scrapbooking Recipes

With the holidays coming so fast we need more hours in our day. One way I've found to help is quick and easy meals. Here is one that I love to use when I have a full day.

Lazy Log Cabin Casserole:

1lb stew meat cubed
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 can of Cram of Mushroom
1 packet of Beef Onion Soup (I don't use this. I just add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions but I'm an eye ball cook)
Toss all this in the crock pot together give it a stir put it on low and cook it for 6 - 8 hours. Home cooked meal with just a few moments prep. Put a salad bag with it and your hubby can't be upset that there isn't a home cooked meal on the table.

Do you have a quick recipe? email me hgturner@everythingscrappn.com