Saturday, January 2, 2010

Postcards from Paris

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. I wanted to share my most recent scrap pages using the lovely Webster Pages Postcards from Paris.

I decided to look over the past year and document some of the things I did in 2009. The Postcards from Paris line is perfectly feminine. Here is my take on Suz's recent challenge:
Products used: Websters Pages Postcards from Paris Romantique Chic pp, La Boutique de Jardin pp, La Jardin Whimsy threads, Hambly Old Lace overlay-brown, Hambly Vintage banner rub on-brown, Hambly Chandelier clear stickers, American Crafts Foam Thickers Daydream-chestnut, On A Whimsy journaling book (page), Jenni Bowlin Apothecary stickers-brown, Staz on Ink-brown, brown embroidery floss, Hero Arts lower case alpha stamps, & Making Memories Passport clear stamps.

The font on these thickers is so fun and youthful. I might just have to buy them in every color. They are definitely a must have!
I had plans to make a few birthday cards since I have friends with special days coming up. Suddenly I got really inspired to make a 6x12 and just went with the flow. I scrapped a polaroid taken (by Suzy West) back in April of this year with a bunch of scrapbooking friends. Products used: Websters Pages Postcards from Paris La Boutique de Jardin pp, Tim Holtz word key, American Crafts Craft fair DIY flair, Hambly DIY rub on-white, Jenni Bowlin Apothecary stickers-brown, Martha Stewart border punch scallop dot & Acrylic paint-white.

I really like the La Boutique de Jardin paper. The Whimsy threads came backed with the same paper so I made use of it as well.
What did you do last year? What are your goals for this new year or new decade? I hope to see you playing along with the DT and this super fun challenge!

2 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

Awesome layout! I rally love those thickers too! Great look!

Suz said...

Fantastic work. I love those thickers too!

Glad you are feeling better

Scrapbooking Recipes

With the holidays coming so fast we need more hours in our day. One way I've found to help is quick and easy meals. Here is one that I love to use when I have a full day.

Lazy Log Cabin Casserole:

1lb stew meat cubed
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 can of Cram of Mushroom
1 packet of Beef Onion Soup (I don't use this. I just add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions but I'm an eye ball cook)
Toss all this in the crock pot together give it a stir put it on low and cook it for 6 - 8 hours. Home cooked meal with just a few moments prep. Put a salad bag with it and your hubby can't be upset that there isn't a home cooked meal on the table.

Do you have a quick recipe? email me hgturner@everythingscrappn.com