Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Magic Album page 7

YEAH! I found the cord. It took a few days but now I have it. I have been in the kitchen again baking for a charity auction and thought about where it might be and there it was. Thanks goodness for baking : )


Materials Used:
Red w/ black dots Ribbons
Magic Instant Album

Ok so another page to the album. This one is so fun to me. I love to frame with ribbon. Some of you may ask how you keep one sided ribbon on the right side when you frame a square or rectangle. Well I hope the picture below will tell you.

Alright I start at the top left corner and lay a glue dot down. I press my ribbon down on the glue dot and head straight across to the top right corner. (Sorry I didn't take a picture of this) now when you get to the corner this is the desired look you are going for.


To get this look you will have a glue dot on the corner you will take the ribbon and hold it with your finger down just before the glue dot. Loop the ribbon (If you are at the top right had corner) under itself so that the ribbon show the underside and is pointed straight up. Now you will lay this fold on the glue dot. If you have used a larger glue dot you will have some glue exposed if not you will need to lay down another glue dot. Now bring the ribbon down to the next corner once you see that it will all line up right press down on the fold to lock in your order. The picture above is the fold I just described.

Now that you are at the bottom right corner the fold is a little different. Again you will lay down a glue dot again, you will hold the ribbon just before the glue dot again but this time you will fold out to your right.

Now that the underneath of the ribbon is out to your right bring in over the top and make your fold.

I hope now you understand the folds and can finish the last two corners as I didn't think to continue to take pictures of each corner.
Now that the corners are done you can either hide where you started under the last corner fold or you can tie a knot or a bow. I chose to tie a bow though on the scan it looks like a knot.



I hope this has been of some help. If you have any questions please ask.

No comments:

Scrapbooking Recipes

With the holidays coming so fast we need more hours in our day. One way I've found to help is quick and easy meals. Here is one that I love to use when I have a full day.

Lazy Log Cabin Casserole:

1lb stew meat cubed
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 can of Cram of Mushroom
1 packet of Beef Onion Soup (I don't use this. I just add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions but I'm an eye ball cook)
Toss all this in the crock pot together give it a stir put it on low and cook it for 6 - 8 hours. Home cooked meal with just a few moments prep. Put a salad bag with it and your hubby can't be upset that there isn't a home cooked meal on the table.

Do you have a quick recipe? email me hgturner@everythingscrappn.com