Saturday, December 13, 2008

Magic Page 8 & 9


I'm so sorry if you checked back last night and didn't find my next Magic Album pages. I was wrapping Christmas gifts last night and I just forgot all about it.

For any newcomers - I'm working with the Magic Instant Album to show you some quick and inexpensive things to spruce it up if you don't just want a flat paper album when you are finished.

I was having some trouble coming up with stuff but as soon as I looked over the images of the pages, 8 & 9 jumped out and caught my attention. How many of us have gone to a fire work show anywhere and saw only white flat fireworks? At first when I sat down with my Stickles I only had solid colors for the fireworks in mind so I traced one in Xmas red. Then I realized that I didn't have any other bold colors. So then I took and used Water Fall Blue, Aqua, Xmas red & Crystal all on each of the fireworks. Since the blue and the aqua and crystal as such muted colors I used a lot more of them then the red but it still came out looking AWESOME!

You may also notice that I added stickles to all the dot circles on the two pages. One the circle around the castle I inverted the color scheme that the paper had. I thought that the castle should be highlighted.

I'm sorry that the scan is so dull. My camera cord is hiding this morning so I can not upload my other photos. I will try to add some to this blog later. Unless I forget again I will have another post later with another page. When I was working on this album yesterday I really got some ideas.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Scrapbooking Recipes

With the holidays coming so fast we need more hours in our day. One way I've found to help is quick and easy meals. Here is one that I love to use when I have a full day.

Lazy Log Cabin Casserole:

1lb stew meat cubed
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 can of Cram of Mushroom
1 packet of Beef Onion Soup (I don't use this. I just add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions but I'm an eye ball cook)
Toss all this in the crock pot together give it a stir put it on low and cook it for 6 - 8 hours. Home cooked meal with just a few moments prep. Put a salad bag with it and your hubby can't be upset that there isn't a home cooked meal on the table.

Do you have a quick recipe? email me hgturner@everythingscrappn.com