Sunday, December 7, 2008

Magic Instant Album Page 1

Hello everyone! I told you I wanted to play with this Disney stuff and I have. First a little back ground. I decided that this album will be for my up coming trip (Jan 09) to California. I will be in Anaheim staying across from Disney and my kids and Mom will be coming with me. Needless to say there will be some great pictures that need to be documented. {I've been behind for so long I don't know what it is like to be caught up so I didn't think it was to early to start now for the album to hold those pictures.}



Ok above is the instant album. Don't get me wrong this album is a great album if you just glued in some pictures but I wanted to show you how you can take it to Scrapp'n 102.

Here is a list of items I used on this page:
Magic Instant Album
Liquid Pearls White Opal
Stickles Frosted Lace
Stickles Gunmetal (Stickles are on order)
Tangerine Thickers
Magic Fun Rub-ons




I think I went a little overboard on this page but I really wanted to show you what could be done. You could just use one or two of these colors or techniques and get a great "Pop".

Ok first since I knew that I would be going to Disney in 2009 I added the numbers 09 from the Tangerine thickers. This in itself gives it glam. I love glitter on my pages but I will not glue glitter to my pages. (I had enough of that in Vacation Bible School) and this adds dimension to the page.


Next I wanted a rub-on so I chose {snapshots of our trip}. This is from the Magic Fun rub-on swatch book. I have to say these are great rub-ons. I laid the rub-on down gave it two swipes with the stick and it was on.


Last I started playing with my stickles and liquid pearls. I knew that I wanted a sticked look around the photo but I didn't want to break out the sewing machine and knock the dust off. For this I used the White Opal Liquid Pearls.


I also wanted the Magic to look magical. For this I used Stickles Frosted Lace. I just traced the word magic so that when the light hit it the glitter would shine.


Lastly I thought about how companies have been adding glitter to different accents on a page and I thought I'd make my own. I chose 4 circles and the center of Mickey's hand and added Stickles Gunmetal. I hope that you can see these circles in some of the other pictures I didn't get a good one of just the circles.

If you are wondering what the strange dashes are off of the word magic - The bottle of stickles fell over and rolled across the "stitches" around the picture.

I hope that you will check back as I figure out what to do with the other pages. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Heather

No comments:

Scrapbooking Recipes

With the holidays coming so fast we need more hours in our day. One way I've found to help is quick and easy meals. Here is one that I love to use when I have a full day.

Lazy Log Cabin Casserole:

1lb stew meat cubed
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 can of Cram of Mushroom
1 packet of Beef Onion Soup (I don't use this. I just add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions but I'm an eye ball cook)
Toss all this in the crock pot together give it a stir put it on low and cook it for 6 - 8 hours. Home cooked meal with just a few moments prep. Put a salad bag with it and your hubby can't be upset that there isn't a home cooked meal on the table.

Do you have a quick recipe? email me hgturner@everythingscrappn.com