Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm Loving Pink Paislee...

Using some photos of my sister gave me a chance to get a little more "girly" than I get when I'm scrapping the everyday in our lives.

I'm loving the Pink Paislee lines. Their new lower price points on embellishments that sure don't skimp on quantity made them the hit of CHA Summer 2009. The cardstock alphas give you 2 styles of letters both with a generous amount of each letter for less than $2!

The soft colors of Amber Road were perfect for these photos of my sister Karen visiting Stonehenge for the first time. She loves rocks so this was a must see dream come true on her trip.

I used one of the Postcards Journaling Spots as a frame for one of the photos - tons of journaling spots that you cut out yourself for the price of a piece of paper. Adding Stickles to a few of the inexpensive new E flowers from Prima really made them pop & look like the ones that cost 10x as much. To define the outer edges of the 12x12 die cut background paper & show off the details I mimicked the dots on the journaling spot & it made it pop.


Supplies: Paper (Pink Paislee - Amber Road Autumn Blossom; Pink Paislee - Amber Road Bonfire; Pink Paislee - Amber Road Fall Festival; Pink Paislee - Amber Road Harvest Hayride; Pink Paislee - Amber Road Postcards; Pink Paislee - Amber Road Apple Cider; ); Borders (Pink Paislee - Amber Road Borderline Stickers); Stamps (Pink Paislee - Amber Road - Impressions); Rub Ons (Pink Paislee - Amber Road Press Ons); Adhesive (Kokuyo, Diamond Glaze & Zva Pop Dots); Bling (Prima -Say it in Pearls Strip Black);

Ribbon (Maya Road - Black Gingham); Pin (Maya Road - Trinket Pins Vintage Black Pearl); Flowers (Prima E Line Flowers); Letters (Pink Paislee - Expressions Cardstock Alpha Pear); Glitter Glue (Tim Holtz - Stickles Antique Linen); Tag (October Afternoon); Pearls (Hobby Lobby by the yard)

I was crazy about the 12x12 diecut paper in Pink Paislee’s Twilight line. Karen shows it's never too old to have a crazy passion for Halloween. She loves to dress up & many years would even go to work in costume.

All of you know how I love the 12x12 die cut background papers. They really make a statement in any layout. This one from the Twilight line really has a lot of details & pazazz. I layered lots of the Pink Paislee rub ons. They go on "like butter". The hand stitching added some texture along with the Zva pearl flourishes. I'm all about cutting them up & using them in a visual triangle to draw the eye around the page.

to work in costume.

Supplies: Paper (Pink Paislee - Twilight Horizon; Pink Paislee – Twilight Eclipse ; Pink Paislee - Twilight Nightfall); Rub On (Pink Paislee – Twilight Press On); Bling (Zva - Symemetrical Flourishes Pearls White); Pin (Maya Road - Trinket Pins Vintage Black Pearl); Punch (Marvy); Card (Jenni Bowlin – Halloween Bingo Card); Letters (Jenni Bowlin – Tiny Circle Cardstock Alpha Black & American Crafts – Thickers Daydream Black); Ribbon (May Arts & Making Memories); Thread/Twine (Coats & Clarks & Vintage Stash)

I hope you took advantage of the fantastic sale over the weekend…

Happy Scrapping,

Suz

2 comments:

ellen s. said...

ooooh! they are awesome! love the detail, esp on the flowers

Lisa Dorsey said...

Great layouts! I especially love the Halloween one!

Scrapbooking Recipes

With the holidays coming so fast we need more hours in our day. One way I've found to help is quick and easy meals. Here is one that I love to use when I have a full day.

Lazy Log Cabin Casserole:

1lb stew meat cubed
1 can of Cream of Celery
1 can of Cram of Mushroom
1 packet of Beef Onion Soup (I don't use this. I just add salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried minced onions but I'm an eye ball cook)
Toss all this in the crock pot together give it a stir put it on low and cook it for 6 - 8 hours. Home cooked meal with just a few moments prep. Put a salad bag with it and your hubby can't be upset that there isn't a home cooked meal on the table.

Do you have a quick recipe? email me hgturner@everythingscrappn.com